Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a middle-level position within the Country Office and will work for both contexts Development & Humanitarian. In cooperation with Save the Children member countries and in collaboration with the Country Office in Mozambique, the BDM will identify and track donor opportunities, facilitate donor engagement, assist in the development of fundraising strategies, lead the new business and proposal decision, design and development process for all funding opportunities. The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to package our programme strategies in ways that attract the right donor support and grow out portfolio effectively.
In coordination with technical specialists, Advocacy& Communication Manager team, Partnership team and MEAL team will ensure that thematic capacity statements are updated in every six months. S/He will write sections of proposals that speak to our overall capabilities, while coordinating the input of technical advisors/specialists, Operations and field office implementation staff, Supply Chain, Finance, HR and Security into proposals and budgets.
Recognising that many conversations with donors involve a review or update around current grants as well as discussions about new opportunities, the Business Development Manager will be expected to stay closely informed about the progress of all major institutional grants as well as private donors and able to speak to results in key reporting documents, including supporting on some review of large strategic reports.. S/he will be located in Maputo with frequent travel to the field. The role has an external orientation, but also works very closely with SC Members.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master Degree in social sciences and development area.
- Significant experience and win rate on proposals
- Proven track record in producing winning bids, proposals, and reports for institutional donors, corporations and others
- Proven ability to design high quality programs
- Recommended 5-7 years’ experience in both an emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in at least 2 priority sectors of Save the Children: education, protection, child rights governance, health and nutrition or child poverty.
- Excellent coordination, organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, and pull together input from a diverse team.
- Excellent writing/editing, reporting, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners.
- Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million dollar project budgets.
- Proven representation skills.
- Cultural awareness mastering and ability to work in an international environment with people from many diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Experience in solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills in English; Fluency in Portuguese or another Romance language would be and added advantage.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy .
Contract duration: fixed term of 2 years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Date advertised: 3 Dec 2019
Closing date: 17 Dec 2019 - 23:59 EAT
Location: Maputo, Mozambique
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time