Team Leader - Health and Nutrition
The Team Leader has an overall responsibility to oversee all on going as well as future health and Nutrition programmes, and also provide hands on support to the Area managers as well as thematic programme managers. He/she is responsible for the overall coordination, planning, management and completion of programmes by working closely with the respective Awards programme Managers. The PM will also work closely with the Area and Field Managers and liaise with other functional leads to ensure day-to-day activities are implemented within the established framework for the project, timescales, budget and quality. He will continually monitor all aspects of projects’ performance by instituting the use of necessary project management processes and tools. He will ensure that Project Managers deliver projects on time, within budget and that every other person working for the project fulfils their responsibilities to make this a reality.
The post holder will have contacts with members, partners, RO and other departments of the CO to ensure smooth management of development and humanitarian programme awards, sub awards and contracts.
Master Degree in Public Health is a MUST.
- Minimum of 10 years of managing health, nutrition and WASH project management experience in an INGO environment, including significant field operations experience running both emergency and development programs, international experience working with INGOs will be preferred.
- Previous experience of managing a team as well as extensive program operation management skills.
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
- Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
- Excellent communication skills, excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office) – particularly Excel
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
Contract duration: 1 year with a possibility of extending.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Date advertised: 28 Nov 2019
Closing date: 12 Dec 2019 - 23:59 EAT
Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time