Project Lead - Predictive Migration and Displacement Initiative
We are currently recruiting for a Project Lead to join our Migration and Displacement team, which works to ensure that Save the Children reaches more of the most vulnerable displaced children through effective, durable, and scalable solutions.
In this role you will project manage the development of a transformational predictive analytics tool, which will provide critical information about the anticipated duration, scale, and dynamics of an early-stage mass displacement crises. You will manage a team of dedicated staff and/or skills-based volunteers in the consultation, iterative model design/testing validation and rollout of an expanded predictive tool. You will also be responsible for improving the predictive displacement model’s functionality and value as a decision-support tool by introducing a wider range of data sources, utilising new cutting-edge data science methods, potentially utilizing an AI-driven approach, and ensuring the final Phase 2 iteration is well developed, trustworthy and effective.
In order to be successful you will bring:
- A strong project management skill set (ideally in a social impact context) and the demonstrable ability to develop and lead the software/innovation development cycles.
- Excellent literacy in data sciences, particularly predictive analytics.
- Strong expertise in innovation management and design-thinking best practice principles, particularly human-centred design and data ethics.
- Experience in designing, facilitating, and implementing technical consultations for innovation processes, including workshops and innovation sprints.
- A good understanding of current global migration and displacement issues
- A proven ability to conceptualise and theorise but ground abstract ideas in operational realities.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work collaboratively in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coachin
- The ability to manage and juggle a complex and varied workload, at times working independently, at others working to tight deadlines under time pressure.
- Specialised knowledge in artificial intelligence/machine learning, database management is also helpful
This role could be based in any existing Save the Children location and is offered with an initial 12-month fixed term contract, with the potential for an extension.
National terms and conditions apply.
Save the Children in a federated Membership based organization employing approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in 117 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach your CV and cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 11 Oct 2019
Closing date: 27 Jan 2020 - 02:59 EAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time