Senior Advocacy Advisor
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Advocacy Advisor (Global Coalition to Protect Education from Attack) to join our team in Geneva.
In this role you will support the process of promoting the endorsement and implementation of the Safe Schools Declaration and the Guidelines for Protecting Schools and Universities from Military Use during Armed Conflict. You will conduct high level advocacy with government representatives and influence UN and intergovernmental processes related to the Safe School Declaration. You will also provide technical support and expertise to members of the coalition at the national level and play a key role in the effective implementation of donors’ grants related to the Safe Schools declaration.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with energy, commitment, and talent, to help ensure positive and lasting change in the lives of the most marginalised and vulnerable children.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Extensive advocacy experience in a corporate or NGO environment, including successfully leading the development and implementation of high quality advocacy strategies
- Knowledge of children’s rights, key international agreements and conventions
- Proven experience of a range of campaigning and advocacy techniques and approaches
- A demonstrable capacity to analyse complex policies and experience in developing policy briefs and policy papers
- Experience of coordinating networks, building partnerships and forging coalitions to ensure good information sharing, mutual accountability and joint coherent action
- Excellent project management skills, with a track record of taking projects from concept stage to execution and building collaboration across functional and geographical boundaries
- A proactive approach and the creative ability to assess new opportunities, expertise and ideas
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiation
- A strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- The ability and willingness to travel internationally (up to 15%)
This role is offer with an initial fixed term contract of 12 months, with the possibility for an extension.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in 117 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard by key decision makers at subnational, national, regional and global levels.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach your CV and cover letter with your application. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Date advertised: 19 Sep 2019
Closing date: 18 Oct 2019 - 01:59 EAT
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Department: Advocacy, Campaigns and Policy
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time