Education Coordination Specialist
We are currently recruiting for Education Coordination Specialist for 6 months
This role will support a joint Education and Child Protection initiative to develop a cooperative Coordination Accountability Framework for education and child protection coordination staff and practitioners on the minimum process to ensure mutual accountability to achieve a predictable and coherent understanding of, and approach to, working together on ‘specialized vs universal,’ based around the HPC cycle. This will include dimensions such as needs identification, targeting and costing, and response planning.
The post will be home-based with potential travel to three (3) country offices for four (4) weeks per country, and potential short trips for meetings in Geneva. Any required travel will need pre-approval by SCI in accordance with SCI’s Travel Policy and applicable RO/CO Expense Policy.
Support Child Protection and Education Coordination – Development of Guidance and Tools
- Support the development of practical guidance for education and child protection clusters/coordination groups, regarding the coordination of areas of common interest – this would cover areas such as identifying people in need, prioritising activities, assigning roles and responsibilities and monitoring. The post holder will also support the validation of this guidance with at least 3 country clusters, including through field visits, where necessary. This work will be done in close collaboration with the Child Protection AOR Coordination Specialist.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Display neutrality and act as the representative of all education cluster members.
- Develop and maintain a strong and positive relationship with UNICEF, our education cluster co-leads
- Develop and maintain a strong and positive relationship with colleagues at regional and global levels
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a cover letter and up-to-date CV with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. Please visit our website for a copy of the full Job Description: https://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 6 Aug 2019
Closing date: 1 Sep 2019 - 01:59 EAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Programme Operations
Type: ContingentSchedule: Full-time